Friday, January 25, 2013

Goodwill Hunting

January 2013 is flying by! If this month is any example, this bright and shiny new year will be over before we know it. It's a time for beginnings--out with the old, in with the new. So it's prime time to remind our JLSA members that our 2012-2013 Goodwill donation submission is due by midnight on January 31, 2013--just a week away. With four growing kids and a pretty substantial renovation project currently happening at my house, I have had lots of opportunities to haul stuff to my nearest Goodwill. I try to involve my kids in the process--taking our toys and gently worn and well-loved clothing that no longer fits to Goodwill provides us with an opportunity for our entire family to help people in our community.

When my youngest, Sadie, was about 3, I took her with me to drop off a large donation for JLSA credit. A month or so later, we were traveling to Port Aransas for a little fun in the sun, and she spotted a Goodwill store out her car window in Corpus. "Hey, Mom! It's good Will's!" she said to me, pointing enthusiastically at the big building with the instantly recognizable sign:


Thanks to Sadie, whenever I see a Goodwill sign, I think of the little smiling face peeking out from the blue square as good Will. (He looks kind of like a Lego minifigure, doesn't he?)

If you haven't already, clean out a closet. Take boxes or bags of your new and gently used stuff to good Will. He'll be ever so grateful, and so will your League. Here's a link to the online JLSA Donation Tracker Submission form to get you started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment